Sunday, April 22, 2007

latest shoe designs from Japan and Italy

a blog of funny things - click to enlargea blog of funny things - click to enlarge

a blog of funny things - click to enlarge
This is shoe design from Italy and Japan. Mayb I could never catch up with the latest fashion. I mean...to me this is crazy. With the 1st glance... it immediately cross my mind tat this is one hell of an uncomfortable shoe.

I donno where they got the idea from, but it looks to me tat its similar to the chinese foot binding custom practiced during the late Qing Dynasty. Where young girls' feet, usually at age 6 but often earlier, were wrapped in tight bandages so that they could not grow past 4-6 inches.a blog of funny things - click to enlarge

why?? Because mens in china claimed that the tiny steps and swaying walk of a woman whose feet had been bound gives them the erotic effect. Here I felt grateful i'm not born during Qing Dynasty.

Or mayb designers got the idea from the ballet pointe shoes. I have no idea. I not against girls wearing high heels or anything, in fact i like to see girls in high heels. BUT...abvoiusly not those shown in the pictures of coz.
a blog of funny things - click to enlargea blog of funny things - click to enlarge


















I've asked a few (girls) frens of mine why girls still willingly wear high heels since for all i know they can become painful or damaging for some wearers.

Here's what i got in reply.
Girls love it because high heeled shoes...

  • ...make them look taller (obviously...)
  • ...cause their legs to look longer (i agree to this...)
  • ...help change their posture, requiring a more upright carriage and altering the walk
  • ...change the angle of the foot with respect to the lower leg, which accentuates the appearance of calves. (which make them look good basically...)


  • a blog of funny things - click to enlargea blog of funny things - click to enlarge



















    I'm all thumbs up with girls wearing heels. Just dont choose those 'tip-toe' high heels, or the 'big ass super thick' high heels, and especially DONT choose the 'horse-shoe' high heels as girls are NOT suppose to gallop around.

    It would be a big turnoff to all the guys out there. Other than that, i guess i'm fine with high heels.

    No comments:

    © 2007 copyright blog de ahpoh | a blog of funny things